Passport Information

You are here: Home » Departments » Clerk » Passport Information

Passport Requirements

Passports are required for all U.S. Citizens to regain entry back into the United States after traveling outside of the country. As of June 1, 2009 any travel outside of a United States or it’s territories citizens must have a passport to re-enter the country. This also now includes Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean Islands.

How To Apply

You must apply in person if you meet any of the following:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport
  • You are under age 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change

Before You Start

Submit An Application For An Adult In Person

  1. Fill Out Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport
  2. Submit Completed Form DS-11 In Person
  3. Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
  4. Present Identification
  5. Submit a Photocopy of the Identification Document(s)
  6. Pay the Applicable Fee
  7. Provide One Passport Photo

How To Renew

It is recommended to renew your passport several weeks in advance of your upcoming trip. The application process is comprised of several steps, and a small application mistake may delay the issuance of your new passport. If your passport has been lost, stolen, altered, mutilated, damaged, or your name has changed, you should request a new U.S. passport as soon as possible. Note that individuals with altered or mutilated passports may risk prosecution under the law: Section 1543 of Title 22 of the U.S. Code. For more information on renewing your passport, visit

Hours & Fees

Passport fees must be paid by check or money order to the “U.S. Department of State”. 

  • Passport book (age 16 years and older) $110.00
  • Passport book (age 15 years and younger) $80.00
  • Passport card (age 16 years and older) $30.00
  • Passport card (age 15 years and younger) $15.00
  • Fee of $60.00 to expedite passport application + postage fees
  • A fee of $35.00 is charged for the execution of each application made payable by credit/debit card, check, money order or cash to “Iron County Clerk”

Passport application hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. at the Iron County Clerk’s Office, 68 S 100 E, Parowan, UT 84761 

Show Comments