As of July 1, 2020, there has been an increase in a number of violations listed on the Uniform Bail Schedule. For a list of most frequently used violations, click here.
Hours & Contact
This Court handles Iron County Sheriff’s Office, Utah Highway Patrol, Cedar City Police Department, SUU Police Department, Enoch City Police Department, Brian Head Marshal’s Office, and Division of Wildlife Resources (DNR) arrests and citations, that are class B or C misdemeanors and infractions. We also handle Civil Small Claims, up to $11,000.00.
What We DO:
- Traffic Violations
- Traffic Court
- Arraignments/Status Hearings/Bench Trials for Class C, Class B and Infraction Misdemeanors
- Jury Trials for Class C and Class B Misdemeanors
- Small Claim Filings up to $11,000 Maximum
- Grama Requests
- On Line Traffic School
- Perform Weddings
What We DON’T Do:
- Felonies/Class A Misdemeanors
- Child Custody
- Juvenile Cases
- Name Changes
- Tax Liens
- Do not take Personal Checks
- Do not take Payments after 4:00 p.m.
If you received a Notice for an Arraignment (the first hearing in the court process), make sure the following forms are completed PRIOR to your hearing date. Also, please take a moment to learn about your Rights by watching the Rights Video below.
- Watch the following Rights Video in your preferred language – Defendant Rights Video (English) or Defendant Rights Video (Spanish)
- Fill out the Rights, Instructions & Waiver form in your preferred language – Rights, Instructions and Waiver Form (English) or Rights, Instructions and Waiver Form (Spanish)
- Fill out the Right to Counsel Form in your preferred language – Right to Counsel Form (English) (Not available for an Infraction) or Right to Counsel Form (Spanish) (Not available for an Infraction)
Please submit your Rights Form and Right to Counsel Form at least 48 hours prior to your Arraignment. If you are pleading Not Guilty your Arraignment date will be continued to a Pre-Trial Conference date.
If you intend to enter a plea of guilty or no contest, and you live out of the area, a “Sentence by Mail/Email,” is available. Please follow the numbered instructions below (Plea by mail is not available for DUI’s and Domestic Violence charges).
- 1. Watch the following Rights Video in your preferred language – Defendant Rights Video (English) or Defendant Rights Video (Spanish)
- 2. Entry of Plea Form – The Entry of Plea Form includes the Rights, Instructions, and Waiver form, as well as the Right to Counsel form (Screening for a court-appointed Attorney is available if you are pleading not guilty to misdemeanor C and B charges). Both forms are available in English or Spanish, and all three forms will be submitted together and sent automatically to the Justice Court upon completion.
Please submit your Rights Form and Right to Counsel Form (both included in the Entry of Plea form above) at least 48 hours prior to your Arraignment. If you are pleading Not Guilty your Arraignment date will be continued to a Pre-Trial Conference date.
Iron County Justice Court holds Arraignments at the Parowan Court House Building, Commission Chambers/2nd Floor, 68 South 100 East, Parowan, UT 84761 on the third Thursday of each month.