The Iron County Clerk has given the following Notice of Election regarding the 2020 Primary Election. This Primary Election on June 30th will be unique in several ways, most in response to COVID-19 and HB 3006. Some of the changes for this election are highlighted below:
- There will be no in-person voting or early voting
- There will be fewer Drop Boxes than in previous elections. Drop boxes can be found at the following locations:
- Iron County Justice Center (82 N 100 E)
- Iron County Courthouse (68 S 100 E)
- Enoch City Offices (900 East Midvalley [ONLY if level remains below “Moderate Risk Phase.”])
- The Clerks Office will remain available for those with special needs, or who did not receive a ballot. Please call (435) 477-8340 to set an appointment or for more information.
- Limited, Drive-Up Voting will be available at the Iron County Courthouse (68 S 100 E) from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day
- There will be no Same-Day Registration
- Ballots may be postmarked up to Election Day (June 30th).
Several aspects of the election will remain as usual, including the following:
- Ballots will be mailed 21 days before Election Day (approximately June 9th)
- Voters can verify a wealth of information at www.vote.utah.gov
- A Logic and Accuracy demonstration will be held on June 19th at 3:00 p.m. at the Courthouse
- Ballots may be dropped at the Cedar City (82 N 100 E) and Parowan (68 S 100 E) locations until 8:00 p.m. on Election Day
Click the link below to view the results from the election on May 12th, 2020 regarding the municipal dissolution of Cedar Highlands Town.
Click below to view the final and official 2020 Presidential Primary Election Canvass results:
The Declaration of Candidacy filing period for qualified political party candidates and state & local school board candidates begins on Friday, March 13, 2020 and ends at 5:00 p.m., Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Below is a list of candidates that have filed for positions as mentioned above:
Iron County 2020 Candidates Filed